Xcite Sports and Fitness
After the huge success of the last academic year, we are delighted to be working with Xcite Sports & Fitness again this coming year to support us in delivering our unique P.E. and Sport programme. The programme is made up of a number of broad, varied elements which combine to provide enriching experiences and opportunities for our pupils:
• High Quality Physical Education – Xcite PE Specialists, alongside our teaching staff, will ensure good to outstanding teaching is embedded within all P.E. lessons. This will allow each child to make maximum progress and fulfil their potential across the whole curriculum.
• Weekly extracurricular clubs – after school clubs will be offered to all children each week throughout the year providing a key opportunity for our pupils to participate in sport. Through the Kids2Clubs survey, each pupil will have the chance to give their opinion on what sports and activities they would like to see offered in these clubs.
• Competitions with other local schools – Throughout the year we will be entering competitions against other local schools in both the Sainsburys School Games and Xcite inter-school competitions. There will be events on offer to all year groups.
• Competitions within school – each term our pupils will compete both with and against each other in school. Children will be allocated in to teams and take part in the competition during their respective lessons. The children thoroughly enjoyed this last year and it encourages the feelings of community and collaboration within school.
• Links with local sports clubs – pupils will be invited to attend sessions (usually free of charge!) at some of the fantastic sports clubs we have in the area. Here they will receive specialist coaching from the clubs themselves, get to experience the superb facilities they have and if they really enjoy the session, follow up that interest by becoming a member.
• Sports Leadership training for pupils – Older KS2 pupils will be given the chance to train up as Playground Leaders, organising sessions and activities for other groups of children during playtimes and lunchtimes.
• Support for Midday Supervisors – staff will be trained in a range of games they can deliver for the children at lunchtimes, providing fun and stimulating activities for our pupils to enjoy taking part in.
• Lunchtime activities – children from all year groups will be given weekly opportunities, throughout the whole year, to take part in organised sport sessions during their lunchtimes. This will provide further scope for physical activity.
• Opportunities to try new, unique sports – through our curriculum and clubs, pupils will experience sports such as ‘New Age Kurling’ and ‘Rock-it-ball’, allowing them to develop new talents and find an activity that is suited to them.
• Additional coaching and support for Gifted and Talented performers – those pupils showing great potential in P.E. lessons and extracurricular clubs will be offered extra sessions and opportunities to further develop their talents.
Please keep looking out for upcoming events and encourage your child to participate as much as possible. We are looking forward to a healthy and active year!